Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wrapping Paper

Wrapping paper and trim can get expensive too. I used to buy basic wrapping paper, say blue with gold stars and gold trim. That's good for nearly anything but Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day. Everyone knew which presents were from me because of the paper. I bought a bunch after Christmas one year, at 50% off, and was set for several years. I haven't done that in ages because my mom has the never-ending stash of wrapping paper and has solicited my assistance in depleting her supply. She has quite a bit of it, from a couple of trips to the department store after Christmas, my grandma's stash and a few trips to the Current warehouse store in Colorado. She isn't allowed to go back there for obvious reasons.

If her stash is without suitable paper for an occasion, I go to the Dollar store. The one near my house has a great selection of gift bags and wrapping paper, though I tend to buy gift bags when necessary, to avoid adding to my mom's stash. Just today I went to a birthday party for a two year old, and wrapped her gift in Hello Kitty paper from my mom's collection. The roll isn't gone, but has been depleted.

Dollar store products vary; I never remember which chain it belongs to, but I know the quality of the goods sold varies by type. Wrapping paper,tissue paper, trim, gift bags and greeting cards are fine but I wouldn't advise buying things like off-brand tape, or pens which appear there at the end of their shelf life.

No comments: