Saturday, November 15, 2008

Offer!

I got the call yesterday, late afternoon with an offer. Because I have a friend in another state department, I expected it to be a low offer. I also know what I should expect to raise it to; and the person making the call made it clear that I was expected to make a counter-offer, by telling me he was sure I'd want to think about it over the weekend and give him a call back.

I was on the point of leaving for the day when he called, so that wasn't all bad. And he didn't make me sweat it out over the weekend.

2 comments:

Lawdrone said...

Congrats! It's always good to hear about a fellow contract attorney getting a leg up.

Freeloader Attorney said...

Thanks! I was pretty nervous there for awhile and still have to call back with counter-offer next week.