Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sharing Information

Sharing information with others about free CLE's is one of the ways in which I learn about other free or cheap ones. Generally, I e-mail all the attorneys I know with information on CLE's as soon as I learn about them so people can plan ahead to attend.

Someone else told me about a CLE put on by the public defender's office that costs $25 so will pay for the handouts provided to attendees. I wasn't able to attend but it's good to know about these things. Even if I can't go, I send them to everyone else. You never know who's out there and in need of more credits. Especially in a crap economy.

More people seem to have been absorbed by new projects, but just a few weeks ago, a new batch of attorneys was sworn in. So there are more people out there in need of CLE's and projects. And no matter what they tell you about projects, there's no way of knowing if the case will settle.

One of my colleagues talked about a longer project, on which several young guys would go out to lunch every day and not worry about money. Then shortly before the end, they realized the money wasn't going to last forever and ended up bringing their lunches every day. It's a hard lesson to learn.

No comments: