Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shifting Priorities

The economic meltdown has forced people to re-think their priorities and worry about more than just the newest consumer goods. Sadly, people don't believe this can be sustained.

While I still have phone envy, I haven't broken down and bought a new one. My current phone no longer works on vibrate mode, so I'm putting it on a short ring at the lowest setting in order to hear it during the workday. At first I thought I listened to music too loud and wasn't hearing it buzz. Not so. I still want a new phone but need to collect all info from the old one and take it in as it's still under protection plan. This means I need to find both the old phone and its charger so I'm able to use the other phone I still have.

I know this is a small problem in the grand scheme of things; I'm doing well, with no debt save my ginormous student loans. The good thing about my loans is that every month they get a little smaller. I'm not making as much progress on eliminating the smallest of my private loans as I'd like, but the good thing is that it's shrinking.

No comments: