Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Short CLE's and Vote

A lot of my CLE's have been short; rather than a day or half day, they've been an hour or two. Lately 1.75 credits. Because I live in a small city, it's feasible for me to run to something at the beginning or end of a workday, or take a long lunch and attend a CLE. It's fast, easy, and they add up quickly.

My statistics workshop will get me more than half my credits, in 1.75 credit sessions approximately every other week. I also attended a panel presentation about voting and social justice at the downtown law school for the same amount of credits. Just under two hours isn't too long to sit and listen to something. The speakers were excellent. I wasn't sure what it would be like because I usually get angry when I attend social justice programs. There are so many types of continuing injustice in the world.

A couple of panelists expressed regret that John Edwards had to drop out of the presidential race for reasons of morality. He was the only candidate who discussed poverty.

I'm voting. I haven't decided one way or the other but am very happy that election season is nearly over and we'll have 20 minutes or so before anyone runs for office. Remember, no vote, no bitch! You may not be happy with the results of the election, but you only have the right to complain about it if you voted.

No comments: