Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out-of-business Sales

I like to shop the sales, but typically don't hit out-of-business sales. Usually by the time I become aware of them, the merchandise is picked over. It sounds like they're a crapshoot anyway. Then again, there are enough stores going out of business that there may be opportunities. Right now I don't have extra money for frivolous things, if I wanted them so won't be shopping; this week I paid for gas with a $100 gift card generated with points from my local convenience store.

I'm more likely to shop stores supplied by liquidators, including Big Lots and the PPL Shop. PPL is a local non-profit, with work programs, one of which is a retail store that buys closeouts and catalog returns as well as taking donations of used office furniture and other things. I've gotten some amazing things there over the years.


No comments: