Monday, January 5, 2009

New Job

After working in contract situations, in which I primarily had a table, chair and computer, it's a bit strange to be in a place where I have an office. With a door that shuts and locks. My office is a bit utilitarian; I have a bunch of boxes sitting there that have been here longer than I have. I don't know how long they'll be cluttering up my office, but they're in different places than they had been, so they're less in the way.

I'm working on a presentation for the head honchos, with a gameplan for the project on which I'm working; a new data retention schedule for the area. It shouldn't be too bad, as there's a schedule in place, but it wasn't complete. They want to minimize and better organized the documents within the department. It's going to be interesting.

There are people with blizzards of paper in their cubes. Every flat surface is piled high, and in some cases there are documents on the floor. I don't think this is optimal, but apparently that's how they are. How people keep their cubes isn't my problem, but hopefully some of that will end up going.

No comments: