Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Memberships

I have been invited to Toastmasters and have to track down the person who invited me and get more information. I'm not excited about it, but realize it's a good plan as there is an expectation that I'll be giving presentations. I'm okay with the Power Point and making handouts, but not as confident with the actual presentation. I had a practice run and it's more like going in front of an appellate court, as they interrupt a lot, with things that don't seem relevant.

I'm also going to a government worker association related to the are in which I'm working. That's going to be a great resource as the attorney in the department who works with data requests is going to retire in a few months and I won't be left wafting in the wind.

In addition, I'm now a union member and am going to the monthly lunch meetings; after all, my dues pay for the lunch so I might as well.

I now have names of the people who run the lists for the CLE's within government. My building is about halfway between the two locations so it will be convenient to attend; not that I need to worry as I have a bunch of credits already and next week start the second half of my Statistics Class.

No comments: