Monday, August 18, 2008

More on CLE

This CLE was much more successful from a networking perspective; while my prediction that more attendees would be female, the people with whom I sat at lunch were far more friendly than at the previous CLE. One of my companions even works for a company in a regulated industry in which I'm interested. She's leaving a compliance position and she and her colleague were open to meeting to me in the future, gave me tips on applying and told me about specific openings. They say there's a lot of opportunity at their company right now.

While I'd have liked to have met people from a couple of other companies present, I was happy to get a firm lead on positions at an expanding company. It's near where I live and I've applied for positions before, but have never been able to find someone within the company, never mind someone in the specific department in which I'm interested.

No comments: