Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coincidental Free CLE's

Today I had an e-mail from a non-profit that, among other things, puts on lunchtime presentations. Even though it's the one that didn't receive credit for one of their lunches and that delayed submission of their program for another event, which eventually received credit, I'd have gone. I'm at the beginning of my reporting period and any credit is a good credit. My new rule with this outfit is that I won't count on their credits for the end of my reporting period. I figure the first two-and-a-half years of a three-year reporting period should be good; by that point, I'll know how many more credits I need and not count on getting any from these people.

Unfortunately, the lunch is the same day as an all-day free CLE, so I'll miss out on this credit. I haven't been able to find too many free CLE's in July and August so I'm disappointed that I won't be able to attend the lunchtime program.

June seems to be the big freebie month, since the reporting period ends on June 30th. Last June I got about 16 free credits, all in about a week. In any case, I have three years so expect to have no trouble meeting my goal.

No comments: