Sunday, August 10, 2008

Economic Hardship Deferments

I seriously considered applying for an economic hardship deferment for my gigantic student loan, since I'm not working right now and all. That would make it much easier. What stops me is that I'll only end up increasing my monthly minimum and I don't want to do that. I should be able to pay the amount required right now based on my unemployment payments.



I finally received the letter indicating that I qualify to receive unemployment if I jump through the remainder of their hoops; applying for jobs, blah, blah, blah. I have to take a couple of their little classes and have fulfilled other requirements. Their webpage is only available from 6 am to 6 pm Monday-Friday so I have to wait until Monday to look at the schedule and find out when the classes are and if I can just go or if there's a need to sign up.



I have already begun networking as well as having signed up on the state job bank page. I didn't really sign up, just updated my account. I have also signed up to receive other job postings via e-mail so it's really just the classes. One is a creative job search class, which I don't think will have anything new for me to learn; the other is an interviewing skills workshop, which may prove helpful. I'm introverted so don't think I interview the best.

No comments: