Friday, August 29, 2008

Disaster Plans

While I'm marginally aware of the potential for disaster, it seems I'm far less concerned than are others. I live in an area in which I don't think that terrorists will attack, the opinion of Jesse Ventura notwithstanding. In addition to having believed that he, himself, was a terrorist target, he believe that the Mall of America was also a target, yet chose to provide terrorists with a possible two-for-one deal by broadcasting his weekly radio show...from the MOA.

I don't worry so much about the weather either, but have started to notice that there's a lot more awareness of disaster preparedness lately. In some ways that makes sense, due to the apparent increase in disasters; I don't know if it's truly an increase or merely an increase of our awareness, given the transition over the last century of countries such as Bhutan that were isolated from the rest of the world due to distance and lack of modern infrastructure having become bastions of the electronic age.

No comments: