Monday, September 15, 2008

Estate and Charitable Gift Planning Institute

The Estate Planning seminar was good. I learned a lot about handling the estates of the mega wealthy (those whose estates are over 30 million); including an anecdote about some poor woman whose trust provided only a million bucks a month for her to live on. That's right. Only a million. She thought she could possibly get by on a million and a half. Tragic view of how the other half of a percent lives.

The other speaker talked about the regular wealthy; those whose estates are between 5 and 30 million. That was helpful too. Because I'm so much more likely to benefit from that information.

Who am I kidding? Estate plan? Bah! I don't need no stinkin' estate plan!

In any case, it was 6 free credits.

A law firm provided pastries, bagels, coffee, tea and juice in the morning. In the afternoon they provided bars, cookies, coffee and lemonade.

I ended up bringing my lunch; I've gone to this before and it's at the Convention Center, where food is expensive and lines are long. Think I'm cheap? I saw people who had taken an extra bagel in the morning eating it for lunch!

I'm well on my way to not having to pay for CLE's this round.

No comments: