Monday, September 22, 2008

Clothes That Run and Hide

When I'm between projects, no matter how organized I believe I am at that moment, my work clothes disappear on me. When I'm not working, my wardrobe is completely different; shorts and t-shirts ruled the summer. During the workday, I wear twinsets and slacks.


During my break I made sure everything was clean and put away. I thought. Apparently not because the first week it was an ordeal to find appropriate attire for the office. We're in a corporate casual environment, so it isn't like I have to wear a suit every day. Not that I have a suit for every day.

Nevertheless, I still have a twinset that has failed to reveal itself to me. This week will be warm, but since we're at the end of October and I live in a cold weather state, 3/4 sleeve cotton twinsets aren't going to do it much longer, which means I have to lure my winter sweaters out of hiding and make sure they're ready to go.

Theoretically they are ready; however, I could be wrong on that. Winter wear is a long-sleeved t-shirt with a cardigan or boiled wool jacket and pair of slacks for the most part. While I know where some of the winter ones are, there will no doubt be items that need to run off to the spa so my dry cleaning bill will go up.

I tend to use Dryel but am in a home with washer and dryer; the product doesn't recommend use in industrial dryers. That tends to keep my dry cleaning bill down pretty far, and is usually okay for several rounds with sweaters.

For suit components, I tend to Dryel every other time they need attention. There really isn't an easy home substitute for the nice crisp pressing they get at the dry cleaner. Not even slaving over a hot iron gets the same result, so it's worth it when you care. When you don't care? definitely Dryel.

No comments: