Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trying Not To Spend

I'm trying to read my stockpile of fiction before buying more. I have a wooden crate full of books I have yet to read, along with stashes of a few books here and there. While most of my recently purchased books are from thrift stores, so I don't have a huge investment, I'm still trying to be conservative about spending. And I have a limited amount of space so need to read and re-donate the collection of books currently on hand.



I'm still attempting to lessen my supplies of bath products, but never seem to have any fewer containers; while I did use the remainder of one bottle of lotion, I found two partial tubes that I had taken to a project at one time or another. Problem is, they were short projects and I lost track of the lotion so was unable to use it up. Now they're with the rest of my stash, waiting their turns to be used. The good thing about having excess of products is that I don't need to worry about running out of much of anything between projects.



A sale at Target was a bad influence; I broke down and bought a giant box of the trash bags I prefer. While I thought I was close to the end of one of the two remaining rolls of the kinds I would rather not use, I found the remainder of yet another roll, but it appears to consist only of three or four more bags. Because they're crappy, cheap ones, I double-bag but it still seems to have no effect on the number of bags remaining in my possession! Even though I used one roll in its entirety, there are more! I'm trying to wait until I use those up, despite the new box of the ones I like.



I did plan ahead for some family events; I now have a huge stash of cake and cookie decorating sprinkles, along with a bunch of icing, donated by a friend who was moving out of the area. I baked cupcakes for the going away party, using one huge can of frosting, along with a bunch of colored sugar. Part of the other giant can of icing and more colored sugar will go on top of cupcakes for a family reunion. I also bought pop on sale for an out-of-town sister coming for the reunion. Her brand was on sale so I bought a bunch. I stocked up on water and iced tea for the reunion. I didn't know what beverages would be provided and I might as well have what I want! I drink a lot of water in hot weather so best to bring some. It's only a three hour drive from where I live so not a problem to bring extra stuff.

No comments: