Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Project

Last Monday I started a new project which is only supposed to go about a month or so. They weeded out anyone who wanted time off during that block of time, though they say it may go for two months; I have a CLE planned the second month and let them know. Apparently they were okay with that because I'm on the project.

I crunched numbers and will be able to pay about a third of the next targeted loan. I have private loans which are fragmented due to summer school. I've mailed in the check each month for the regular payment but have only been able to pay a little extra.

Because I enjoyed the hotel beds when I was on the project for which I traveled extensively, I plan to hotelize my bed. Each segment of my private loan that gets paid off entitles me to another item to this end. I need an incentive to keep me focused. Without the incentive it would be much more difficult to force myself to make big payments instead of spending money on other things. I write about my debt a lot because I think about it a lot. Unless you're one of the fortunate ones, whose debt is gone, you should think about yours too.

I'm not always perfect; I gave myself a month off after paying off my credit card and was forced not to pay extra on my loan when I wasn't working. I hope the project is extended, or better yet, gets put on overtime. If that's an option, I'll be there. I don't know if I could hit it hard for the long-term, but I know that if it's a matter of weeks I can work a lot of OT.

No comments: