Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today's Tragic Tale of Woe

First I sat at the wrong table this morning, by the bitchy ladies who had nothing good to say about anything or anyone, and weren't open to meeting new people. I guess I didn't need to lose the bitter, it would've fit right in!

The CLE, food and party favors were wonderful. When I say party favors I mean that in addition to the big, giant book of information and matching CD, we were given a soft-sided, briefcase-style shoulder bag with the law firm logo to carry our loot in. Nice bag and immediate comment from bitchy lady? That they're paying the firm too much if they can afford that!

Then I get home to find a dead computer monitor. Which should be fine as I also have a laptop. Which didn't want to play with the router. Eventually I got both parts to cooperate.

Tomorrow should be a better day. The CLE isn't so swanky; free and they give a small book and free beverages but I'm going to lunch with one of my references afterwards so that's good.

Meanwhile I have to move furniture to get the old monitor out as the cord is behind the gigantic desk. Hopefully I get that taken care of this weekend. In any case, I'm posted ahead so you won't notice the transition. Except for today's unprecedented second post.

No comments: