Monday, June 16, 2008

No Projects

Currently there are no projects in my city that are available to me. Last year one of my friends went to DC and worked for the summer. His project had a lot of OT so he did nothing but work and sleep. He came back when there was a long-term project here, where he's still working, though that project cut back on the number of attorneys.

I'm not sure if I'm better off staying home, applying for jobs, collecting unemployment and looking for a project or if I should take myself to a bigger city for the short-term.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tough call... definitely get the unemployment money on the table.... it will come in handy...

keep going with the jobs... don't go to the new city without the review locked up though..

Anonymous said...

where are you located anyway ??

Freeloader Attorney said...

I'm in Minneapolis. I don't work with the successful bidder for the only project of which I'm aware.

Anonymous said...

minneapolis ??? i have heard it is a nice time... probably small project like my town (re: hartford, ct)...

my advice is hang your own shingle. get it started a little bit. don't tell any projects about it. use a different resume for projects (no mention of your shingle).

see what projects come up in your area... if none start up soon, look elsewhere if you want... NYC has the good document review money..