Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Document Review Projects

I was thinking about the first document review project I worked on. It was a big warehouse in an anonymous location, filled with unemployed attorneys, working on a project for corporate America. We were treated like Kindergarteners, and dumb ones at that; we had a handler leading us to meetings, we didn't have access to that area without her. She made fun of the Associates, Partners and Outside Counsel, yet was one step above us; a document reviewer who had been promoted and was now in charge of a group of document reviewers.

I hear she's still there; I'm not sure whether there's further upward mobility, but I guess it's a steady check that comes with benefits and that can be important. Still, it's a soul-sucking atmosphere and I can't imagine continuing in it.

According to the Washington Post, we might not need to be concerned about that, what with the rise in legal outsourcing to India.

No comments: