Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cellphones

Cellphones. Most people have one and we're accustomed to the convenience. I freely admit to having cellphone envy; I have a three year old phone that's capable of taking photos and text messaging. I hate texting so have it blocked, which means I can't send pictures anywhere, either. I don't use the photo feature very frequently anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Are you paying for more features than you use on your phone? Or paying a lot for extras that really aren't necessary? I was for awhile, but realized I don't access the internet (maybe I would with a different phone) and that I don't need to during the day. I could access my e-mail where I was working and usually had time to do so. If someone really needs to talk to me, they'll call. E-mail can wait until later if it has to.

Because my phone is so old, I started looking at new ones and have decided to hold off for now. I don't want to spend more than I am for phone service, especially when most of the features are purely for convenience. If I had a different phone, I probably wouldn't hate texting. I know I'd like to be able to go online from my phone, but really, how practical is that? Limited number of characters, tiny keyboard...nah, better to stay away from that.

I wonder if they still make a phone that's just a phone?

No comments: