Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Business Cards

You should always carry business cards with you. I made mine at home from a Hewlett-Packard
download. I have a color printer anyway, and had to buy clean edge business card paper and I was set. I bought a giant pack of 50 sheets at a warehouse club for about $20 so am probably set for life.

The beauty of it is that each sheet has 10 cards on it so if you don't really like the card, you're not committed to it beyond the 10 or 20 you've printed. The linked cards are printable on both sides so you can have contact info on one side and a blurb about what you seek on the other side. That way you avoid lugging your resume with you all the time but are still able to put people in contact with you easily. And it looks more professional than....ah, uh, I don't have a piece of paper.

Much like a resume, your card will be a work in progress and will take a few tries before you really like it. Don't worry about that.

I won a flash drive at a professional happy hour at which we were asked to put our cards in a bowl for prizes. Wouldn't have won without the card.


No comments: