Thursday, October 23, 2008

Upcoming CLE's

This is one of my big CLE weeks. In addition to my statistics workshop, which may end this semester, due to lack of attendance, I have a social justice CLE at the downtown law school, conveniently located two blocks from the office in which I'm working as well as an afternoon law firm-sponsored CLE taking place at a hotel, kicking off with a free lunch and ending with a reception.

Statistics is 1.75 credits per session, social justice is 2 and I think the afternoon one will be 3.5 or 4. That's a lot of free credits for one week! Now that I know the downtown law school has free stuff, I'll definitely check out their offerings. By the time I go to my car, get out of the ramp, get to my law school and find parking, that's about 45 minutes. In the grand scheme of life, that isn't much, but two blocks is much better!

I'm on track to achieve my goal of reporting without paying for the next period; the social justice opportunity brings me up to 30 credits and my reporting period began July 1 of this year. Not so bad when I need 45 credits. I need three ethics credits and two elimination of bias credits as part of that but know where I can get those credits free.

No comments: