Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finding CLE's by Word of Mouth

Word of mouth is a great way to learn about CLE's; or really, via e-mail. I have found out about several through others, most recently a CLE that has been around for several years and apparently people hear about it but don't know how to sign out about it.

Someone on my project told me about it and I forwarded the info to a couple of friends. One woman has been working on a project with several others, all of whom were interested in attending. I don't know exactly what they knew or how they found out; none of them had registration information. Until I sent it to the one person.

Getting to know your doc. review colleagues or other attorneys can help with CLE's. My goal this time is not to pay a dime to report my CLE's. While my statistics workshop may not go past this semester, due to attrition, it's still 12 credits and takes me about to the 50% mark with nearly 2.75 years remaining before I report again.

If I get the government position, I'll be near the Capitol complex and it'll be easy for me to attend free CLE's, schedule permitting. Unless it's in a relevant area, I'll have to do it on my own time, according to one of my government contacts.

Now that I realize there are free CLE's, I know that there's a possibility the agency itself could have CLE's and that perhaps law firms, non-profits and trade groups would do the same. It's all about looking for them.

No comments: