Sunday, October 19, 2008

Networking

Someone recently told me that I'm a skilled networker, which I would never have considered myself to be. Apparently finding out about free CLE's is a talent that not everyone has developed; really, it's about being friendly and talking to your colleagues as well as googling around to see what's going on out there. Even if it's meant for the law firm's clients, there's no reason not to ask, especially if it's a few days beforehand.

One of the law firms whose list I'm on sends me random related breakfast meeting invitations. So far I haven't been able to attend any of them.

The other part of it is that I do share most of my CLE findings with my colleagues; though I also resent it when people I don't know feel entitled to the information. It's out there. If I can find it, they can find it.


No comments: