Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Investments

There have been a lot of articles lately about investments and how cash sounds safe but isn't a good place to move your money. Which is great advice for those who have investments. I'm not one of them. I invested in education because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

On my review, in addition to confidentiality, we have recently been informed that due to the sensitive nature of the information in our possession, that we shouldn't invest in any of the relevant companies. Because the sensitive information in many cases isn't limited to the two adversaries, I would guess that truly is a prohibition on investing anywhere in this industry. While we don't necessarily have the most up to date documents in a given area, we have sensitive information provided under NDA's for many companies in the same industry.

So nice of them to give us that warning. Do you know any contract attorneys who have extra money laying around with which to invest? Didn't think so. The ones with money have things like jobs, working spouses and trust funds so can afford to sit it out, do volunteer work or take low-paying jobs that are more fulfilling than document review.

In my case, and as far as I know, the case of all others with whom I'm working, the caution was unnecessary. But good that we know just in case.

No comments: