Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How to Occupy Oneself on a Document Review

Inspired by another blog, on which an attorney listed activities of colleagues, I bought a second mp3 player and German CD's so I can brush up on my language skills. I might as well, I listen to my ipod all the time; I like the mix of music on it so don't want to add anything as it's a couple years old, only 4g and full.

I considered online lessons, but decided to go with a company of which I've heard, Berlitz. They're a known quantity so it seemed a reasonable choice.

Maybe next I can run off to Germany and do document reviews for American firms with offices abroad.

2 comments:

N Sustainable said...

The German legal system does not know any discovery. Your only chance would be to be sent over by a US law firm to review some US documents that are in Germany and cannot be shipped (see your chances dwindling).

If you want to work abroad, maybe you can become a supervisor for doc reviewers in Israel and India.

See you at docreview.us

Freeloader Attorney said...

Thanks, Supernikita, I wasn't thinking of doing doc. review in German, but rather trying to re-learn a language I studied in high school as a way of keeping busy!