Sunday, December 7, 2008

Retro Shopping

Have you ever bought something on layaway? Didn't think so. I remember layaway being around when I was a kid, but wasn't in a position to use it, though I'm aware of people having done so.

It's an alternative to paying insane amounts of interest on consumer goods that one doesn't really need. Because most things we buy aren't necessities.

I'm still trying not to buy random things and some days am quite successful. I haven't been to the mall once in the last month but have been to Target and Kohl's. I still have some shopping to do; I have one gift to order online, a couple that need shipping and several to buy to stay locally.

I haven't used my credit card for anything except online purchases and am still paying it off immediately that the next billing cycle starts.

No comments: