Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Good Idea?

Lately I've been reading about kids who are philanthropic, donating money received from Bar Mitzvah or asking for toys to donate rather than toys for themselves for their birthdays. Now this.

While it seems like a good idea to make a donation rather than to give gifts, it would be difficult to retrain people. My mom currently regrets not having children for whom to buy gifts; this desire can be easily satisfied by donating to Toys for Tots or the giving tree at church. This Sunday I plan to pick up a few paper ornaments and provide a gift for a stranger.

Most of my shopping has been done; I only have a few people to buy gifts for and am a year-round shopper, so no problem.

I didn't go Black Friday shopping at all this year. Nice to sleep in.

No comments: