Saturday, December 27, 2008

Commuting

My commute to this place is vastly different than before; the distance is comparable, but that's about it.

Before, I took the bus; transit station is a straight shot from where I live, and is conveniently accessible; I pass it on the way to the freeway and the bus dropped me off near where I was working. For about two hours morning and evening, there are buses to that downtown.

Now I work somewhere else and the transit station isn't very convenient; it's down the freeway from me in the other direction. Which would be fine if it stopped near where I work, but 6 blocks that include a walk over the freeway bridge, isn't terribly convenient.

As a result, I entered in to a parking contract and am driving; the transit station is about 1/3 of the way to where I'm going, so doesn't save me that much.

No comments: