Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Losing Interest

Shockingly, as I move toward my last day here, I'm losing interest in the process. I got a job at a good time as the project is winding down in parallel to my interest level. Every click seems more tedious than the last.

Hopefully the new job will provide me with some interesting work and will do more than generate an income. Because there are benefits attached, I realize that no matter what, it will be more than an income. The downside is that there's a huge budget deficit and someone is talking hiring freeze.

While a hiring freeze can't get enacted soon enough to affect me; the project needs to be done, no matter what, I'll still be in a better position on the inside. Frequently, a hiring freeze doesn't affect internal movement, just movement in from the outside. This may benefit me in the long run as more positions are likely to be limited to internal candidates.

No comments: