Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oversaving

I somehow don't think oversaving is a real issue in the US right now. While I should have enough money, right now it doesn't feel that way.

I want to save more money but each paycheck it seems harder to keep my savings balance. I'm not going out and living the high life; last week I had food, $30 and half a tank of gas so knew I'd be fine until payday, so no extra spending for me! I needed to make sure I had money to fill my gas tank being that I needed to go to work every day and all.

While I agree, I like to look back on my life and be happy, I don't think that happiness is necessarily caused by material possessions. In fact, the quest for that may be what brought down our economy; between the bankers looting the companies and buying crazy expensive things, and those who overextended themselves, either on credit cards or with HELOCs, it was people wanting stuff who created a lot of problems, both for themselves and others.

Me? I just want a nice, stable job so I can pay off my loans and buy a condo.

No comments: