Sunday, March 8, 2009

Even the Wealthy are Underfunded

Even the wealthy don't have the cash flow that they need right now. While I don't have any small, portable assets worth taking to a pawn shop, others take theirs to, umm, a pawnshop with a fancy name. While I don't wish trouble on anyone, it's difficult for me to have sympathy for people who have random objects of the sort that could pay my debt as well as buy me a house, furnish it, and buy a car with the leftovers. I'm just not in their league.

I have far more in common with those who are rediscovering cube steak; my mom has recently taken to making Swiss steak, which is more-or-less that which is described. It's a nostalgia trip for her. Me? I'm not a big meat eater, so I don't have to downgrade from steak as it isn't typically on my menu. No worries that I have to cut back on groceries, my grocery store has two for one deals on chicken and pork fairly regularly. That's huge!

A much bigger problem for some is the potential beer shortages due to labor disputes in Bavaria. While I'm not a beer drinker, these people have a serious issue!

No comments: