Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happiness and Improving Moods

Many people turn to shopping or drinking for mood improvement or trying to creat happiness. It can help, for awhile, but then you need a new thrill and go back to the mall, bar or internet. It isn't ever going to be a permanent fix.

Interestingly, your mood can be changed by the color you're around; this is why fast food joints all use the same colors. They use the hungry set of colors. Brown, orange, yellow. Yum! I used to go to a yoga class in a beatiful, tranquil, celery green studio. The studio moved and I no longer go there; first, the location was near the other, but not as easily accessible from my area as was the previous studio. I might've gotten over that, but it was in a former restaurant. Brown. Orange. Olive green. Egg yolk yellow. My yoga class remained at the same time but with a huge difference; not only was it annoying for me to get there and get out of the area but I was hungry. I can only take so much annoyance so stopped going to that studio.

Studies have also shown that happiness is derived from experiences rather than stuff, so put down that drink or mouse, leave the mall and go do something.

No comments: