Thursday, February 26, 2009

Checking Your Alumni Calendar

I know I've talked about this before, but please check your alma mater (and any other law school near you) for CLE's. Mine has $10 morning CLE's once a month. It's 1-1.5 credits, which isn't much, but over time can add up. I just looked at their calendar for something else and found a free CLE put on by a law firm's foundation. I have attended this in the past but hadn't thought of it in awhile...I reported last year and by the time it rolled around had enough credits.

I'm in very good shape as I still have over two years remaining to accumulate credits and have over 25 already. I'm waiting for one credit to come through and am in the midst of my statistics course, which will get me nearly to the end. I need Ethics and Elimination of Bias credits. I know I can take care of those in June.

The statistics class has greatly diminished for the spring. At my first class, there were three of us but the weather was bad. Last week there were seven. I doubt it will be too many more than that as I believe between both sections we're under 20 people. That's not many. The professor hasn't given up though; he has realize that it's ethics and elimination of bias that will bring in the people so is planning something for fall. I look forward to finding out what it is.

This week I have also found a free webcast through the bar association; I'm still waiting for the credit for the last one and hope they have a free one once a month. I learned about the last one about fifteen minutes ahead of time but was able to register and attend with no trouble. A colleague mentioned it to me as she was returning to her office to sign in or I'd have never known.

While it doesn't sound like much to get a free credit here and there, I haven't paid a dime for any of the credits I've so far received. Since I started early and have found several sources for free CLE's, I'm sure I won't have to pay for this reporting period.

No comments: