Sunday, February 15, 2009

Benefit Debit Card

What on earth is the benefit to a card that gets declined when it's activated and the payment amount is the remaining balance? The healthcare spending account person just told me that I should make my payment and get reimbursed. How does that help me? The whole idea of the card is so you don't have to actually do that! Since I'm a new employee and don't have an account for paper transactions, I would first have to set it up, including my bank information so reimbursement will be directly routed to my account.

While I have the ability to do that, it seems counterproductive. Then again, this is the place that didn't make the debit card available at the beginning of the year. Most of us got our cards the last week of the month. Yes, this is a new program starting this year. It would make more sense to me to have sent the card out in December and activated the account Jan. 2.

In the end, they were able to straighten it out without putting it on paper, which is good. My bill has now been paid and my debit card emptied for the year. The benefit debit card is new to my employer this year and will be slick once they get it all figured out.

No comments: