Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mortgages

Mortgages are available through many sources and the changes in lending habits may eliminate some of us as home buyers. I know my credit is okay, but not necessarily great, same with my work history. I did talk to someone who used to be in the mortgage business and learned that since I've been working at least 9 mos. of the year, the last couple of years, that may be sufficient; the fact of an FHA loan may make a difference. Of course, he has been out of that industry for a couple of years; on the other hand, it's well-known that jobs have been few and far between for several years now so doing contract work may be sufficient. I wouldn't be concerned if I had steady employment through one agency, but my pattern has been a project from agency A, followed by one from agency B, lather, rinse, repeat.

This is an area about which I need to learn more and it may be that what I learn indicates that this is not my time to buy a house.

No comments: